#40: Learning How To Screw Up & Fix It
In this episode, Johnny, James, and Zack talk about how they've learned to deal with mistakes while woodworking or welding and keep the project moving forward. We all make mistakes, it's how we deal with them that defines us.
We’re on Patreon!
We've added a $250 goal that, if we hit, we'll add a weekend show! We've got tons of support levels, a weekly After Show, monthly hangouts, and more. Our top patron this week is Make Build Modify!! New Patrons this week include Steve House, Made by Laurent, Keith Decent, and the man, the legend, Marc Spagnuolo!
What are we working on?
- Zack: Birthday, Desk, Table--materials,
- Johnny: Working on chairs, finished tap handles, new car
- James: shop space, Bench, Logo carving
Show Topic: Learning How To Screw Up & Fix It
- Johnny: Biggest screw ups. Almost cut table top on wrong side of track saw. Spray painted stripe on jack stand tables. Didn’t cut Domino mortises before gluing up organ cabinet. Wood filler is your friend. Always buy extra material. Cut Roubo stretcher too short.
- James: New bench top, Back dresser stretcher
Ravenspat: question for everyone, I just got this really cool groove plane 😃 (thank you James and your great contest) and need a good beginning project to use it on, any suggestions
Joke of the week
Submitted by Matt Solah
Q: What did the 80 grit sandpaper say to the 400 grit?
A: You're so fine :)
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: Wabi Sab-E, Bernie Solo (videos below)
- James: Black Bear Forge S hook blacksmithing
- Zack: Civilization 6, Twin Peaks