#39: Pricing Your Work, Soundproofing Your Shop & Keeping It Clean
In this episode, Johnny, James, and Zack answer more listener questions. They talk about pricing your work, soundproofing a woodworking shop, and also keep your shop clean! Enjoy.
What are we working on?
- Zack: Hanging out with Jimmy, Vlog, Industrial Desk
- Johnny: Published Scrap Wood Wall Art, working on chairs, Adirondack, tap handles
- James: Bench, Tool box with Melody, Shop Space, New Website
Show Topic: Answering More Listener Questions
- Robin Lewis : Hey guys! I'm busy building a new shop from the ground up and sound proofing is high on my agenda. Do you have any experience or advice on how to keep the noise inside the shop? I'm planning on doing a concrete block (bessa block) wall, and solid filling it with concrete. I've read that mass is key. Thoughts?
- Make Build Modify : I was wondering how much you guys have charged for some of the furniture you've built. I've made and sold a few pieces recently and my local economy is a little weak. I need a ballpark estimate for marketing outside my local area.
- Boone Langston : I'm really terrible at keeping my space clean. The energy of creating often generates a product I'm really excited about and a mess I'm really... not excited about. I usually end up passing the burden onto my future self who ends up cleaning to make space for a new project. Of course, the easy answer is "just do it" so this is really more of a psychological question. Any tips or tricks to keep up with the clutter without it feeling like a huge chore before each new project?
- Question for Zack. Any suggestions on finishing in 90% or greater humidity
- Fred_mcintyre: Question for the show: After a table saw, what three large tools would each of you get next if you were setting up a new shop?
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
Favorite tool/product this week?