#41: Staying Organized & Productive In Our Woodworking
In this episode, Johnny, James, and Zack talk about their methods for staying organized while working on their woodworking projects, keeping track of new ideas, and more.
We’re on Patreon!
We've added a $250 goal to add a weekly weekend show. We've got tons of support levels, including a weekly After Show, monthly hangouts, and more. Our top patron this week is Make Build Modify!
What are we working on?
- Zack: Desk is out, Finished Design Book, Industrial Farmhouse table...Cincinnati
- Johnny: Finished the chairs! Plywood sofa next week.
- James: Running. Planing stops. Playing with BLO
Show Topic: Staying Organized & Productive In Our Woodworking
- Metal & Grain: Besides posting on Tuesdays and podcast, what other items or set schedules do you follow?
- Metal & Grain: Also, what is the preferred software for getting organized?
- Tom's Dreamshop Worx: do you track your shop hours for billing or time analysis
- Frank McCanow: how long do you keep the raw footage you shoot for a video?
- Johnny: Apple Notes, Dropbox, trying Trello
- James: Google Keep
Dusty2theMax: Gents, Looking at buying 1 or 2 hand plans - which planes would you recommend? not so much brand but No. etc.
Theduck: Is it to late to ask what cameras y'all started your YouTube videos with, and to what y'all use now?
Joke of the week
From Richard Clarke:
"I watched a documentary about how they fix steelwork together last night.
It was riveting!"
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: Mogul Podcast
- James: Minimalist Maker (video below)
- Zack: Furniture Society, Money pit, MFM