#38: Special Guests Evan & Katelyn, The Couple That Makes Together!
In this episode, Johnny and James talk with special guests Evan and Katelyn from the Evan & Katelyn YouTube channel. This Texas-based couple produces unique DIY projects using simple tools and interesting techniques like 3D printing. Enjoy!
We’re on Patreon!
Patreon is a platform that allows you, the listener, to provide monthly support for the show in exchange for rewards! Our Patreon page has tons of support levels for $2 to $40, and our rewards include a weekly After Show, monthly hangouts, and more. Our top patron this week is Make Build Modify, and we'd like to welcome our new patrons: Matt Williams and Darren Mattes!
What are we working on?
- Johnny: Published DIY floating shelves, working on collab with Seth’s Bike Hacks
- James: The bench. And a new wall in the shop
- Evan and Katelyn: walnut quick connects, refillable tea light candle holder, collab with Sean Hogan, Garage AC + 3d printed back draft prevention damper
Show Topic: Special Guests Evan & Katelyn
- Nelsoncrafttx: If you had to choose 1 YouTuber that you would say got you interested in creating videos, who would it be?
- bryceroebe: which tool or technique are you afraid to try, and why?
- prewittcustomcreations: what materials have you not worked with yet that you are wanting to?
- WillWorkForTools: do you have any best practices or advice to balancing a new startup YouTube channel while working full-time.
- The Cutting Bore: doing it part time for me has been a hell of a hustle outside of my full time job. How are you guys managing it day to day?
- WillWorkForTools: you seem somewhat unique in the YouTube maker space where you're making videos but also selling some of your projects. Would you mind discussing the strategy
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: Heath Knuckles
- James: Vo2 Max Productions Ultra Running, Wimbelton
- Evan and Katelyn: Gravity Falls, Sean Hogan, Katie Ryan "I smell like beef"