#51: Bug Infested Wood, Reusing Old Flooring & Staying Motivated
In this week's episode, Johnny, James, and Zack talk about how they deal with bug infested wood, reusing old Oak flooring, and how they stay motivated. Enjoy!
We’re on Patreon!
We've added a $250 goal for weekend show! We've got tons of support levels, including a weekly After Show, monthly hangouts and more. Our top patrons this week are Make Build Modify, Master of None, and Deby Brooke!! New Patrons: Mark Maunula
What’s new/ what are we working on?
- Zack: Fabtech build, sconces for another bar, Leatherwork
- Johnny: MDF Cabinet, Assembly Table Design
- James: Kitchen flooring!
Show Topic: Bug Infested Wood, Reusing Old Flooring & Staying Motivated
Question here: How do you make sure you aren't bringing bug infested wood into your lumber storage collection? They can be so small you can't even see them?
I'm having my kitchen renovated and we are replacing the 1950's 2.5" wide oak flooring. I'm loathe to throw out the old flooring. Any ideas what some of it could be repurposed into?
think you guys threw out the idea once but... what's the music of the week? Or your go to put your head down and work jam.
Question: Do ya'll ever get into a funk and loose motivation to get in the shop or come up with new ideas?
Joke of the week
From Jeff Gruff:
Did you hear about the board that got arrested?
It was knotty pine.
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: New Beck Album, Four Tet, St. Vincent, Chris Stapleton, https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-grave-mistake-the-lore-variations/id1281265979
- James: Sampson Boat: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg-_lYeV8hBnDSay7nmphUA
- Zack: Books: Outliers - Malcom Gladwell, Music: Gramatic, Chinese man, RJD2
Favorite tool/product this week?
- Zack: Dremel 4000
- Johnny: Fastcap Flushmount Drill Bit and Powerhead Screws
- James: 9” foam applicator pad