#15: Dealing With Negativity When Starting Your Woodworking Business
In this episode, Johnny, James and Zack talk about how they deal with negativity. Negativity is hard to avoid both online and when starting your own business. We talk about how we deal with negativity and stay positive in the workshop.
What are we working on?
- Zack: Barn doors, Truck - door, hood maybe, chairs, shop stuff
- Johnny: River table, "Building A Modern Secretary Desk / Organ Cabinet" video, new Crafted Workshop website
- James: Leather work, and a Dresser!
Show Topic: Dealing With Negativity When Starting Your Woodworking Business
From YouTube, Reddit, social media, friends/family, from within. “How do you make a living on YouTube?”. When you built it, the criticism is harder to hear.
- Johnny: “If only I had $10,000 of tools…”
- Zack: woodprix
- James: “Why don’t you just get a table saw” hand tool nitpicking. #youShould
Q & A:
Evan Dunville : question: what is your biggest fear when doing a project? (danger or safety) Guy Dunlap : at what point do you consider a project unsavable?
What’s new/what are we watching/reading?
- Johnny: How To Make Everything
- James: Giaco Whatever. Customize your things
- Zack: Delving into designers, blog, etc